Monday, December 1, 2014

Me becoming a lawyer?

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

I am always a sucker for a December holiday job. Most of the time I use the money to buy Christmas presents or to put into my study fund for next year.

Previous holidays I have babysat, i have worked along with Cinderella in shoe stores and I did interning at my dream job as a Public Relations Officer... Yes, I have worked in a huge variety of jobs...

One of the motto's at the shoe store, where I worked


This year, I'm working at a law firm, where I have to answer telephones and help the people with requests. My first day went pretty smoothly. Except for the power that went out, me being alone in the office, finding out that I'm deaf and struggle to hear the people over the phone (making them repeat their case a million times over) and getting a few things wrong, but what is a first day without those glitches and itches?

At the end of the day I wanted to give people legal advice and wanted to charge them a consultation fee (Just kidding! Or am I?).

In a very professional company, I also drank out of a Winnie the Pooh mug and felt very rebel, but it's the firm's mug, so I'm in the clear.

My very professional coffee mug!
All in the day of a phone answering person at a law firm!

I always appreciate a bit of extra bucks over the holidays and also to add more jobs to my CV.

No comments: