Thursday, August 28, 2014

Parents: Angels in disguise

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

Everyone would always talk about their amazing parents, but I can truly say that my parents aren't like any other!

My amazing parents and me at the Holi Festival of Colours
Every single day, I get tears in my eyes, because I can never say thank you enough to these two angels, with the names of Mom and Dad. My appreciation can never be put into words.
Why are they so amazing?

Dad:



I met this fellow when I was 9 years old. From the beginning, he always took me into consideration even on their first date. He could've chosen a fancy restaurant, but instead he chose a family restaurant with jungle gyms, so I could tag along. He married my mom when I was 11 and became my wonderful father! LUCKY ME! He crept into our hearts with his good food and lame humor (much love, Dad!) He also gave me a beautiful sister! Yes, sometimes we can disagree and we are both stubborn, because we know what we want. But he has taught me what a real husband should be like and how a woman should be treated. He is always game to do fun stuff and he is adventurous! Just what my mother needed in her life. He is my blood. I don't care what my birth certificate says!

Mom:


Wow, what can I say? THANK YOU! You are the most amazing woman I know! You are strong willed, you do not let people mess with you, you are my role model. You are the dictionary definition of an amazing mother! I know now that you will literally do anything for me and Mieka. When I was younger, I didn't always see it, but as I'm getting older, I've seen it with my own eyes. You have taught me so many life lessons, but actions speak louder than words, and your actions literally shouted your words. You are my Power Woman. I am glad that we have a very strong bond and it only grew stronger since I started studying and for that I am grateful.

Thank you for being such great parents! You are really appreciated and I miss you every single day when I'm not with you! If I'm only half the parent (one day far, far from now), you are, then I'll already be great.

I LOVE YOU BOTH!

1 comment:

Karen du Toit said...

Dankie Lief! Ons is so lief vir jou, en dit maak my hart so bly! Ons is so bly dat jy in ons lewens is!