Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Even if you know me well, you don't know this...

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

I decided to take part in the #writersbootcampZA hosted by @WritersBootcamp. The first assignment is to write a post about the things that no one knows about you. Challenge accepted!

Even if you know me, you don't know this:

When I was a little girl, I developed a very big fear of the dark. When I say big, I mean really big. I used to switch on the lights everywhere I went and didn't like switching them off again afterwards. A had a huge teddy bear and I used to take him everywhere and sing gospel songs very loudly to make the long hallways a little bit less scarier.  Yes, every little kid is afraid of the dark, so what? Well, I'm still afraid of the dark! A 21 year old student! I live in a dormitory and the hallways are just as long and a dormitory is scarier than my old house used to be.
I'm not so much afraid of the dark, as I am of the unknown. The unknown which awaits in the dark.

Yes, there are many things that you don't know about me, but it's good to be a bit mysterious sometimes, don't you think?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't worry, I'm 25 and I'm still afraid of the dark.

Anonymous said...

Light is always near