Saturday, July 5, 2014

Day 5: In the life of a Junior Events Manager

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

It is day 5 of the #writersbootcampZA. The task for today is to take a newspaper and find a job ad, then we have to write about how it would be to live the life of that person working in that job. There were lots of jobs to choose from, but I chose the Junior Events Manager.

The ad in the paper

My life as a Junior Events Manager:

My name is Kiara and I am a Junior Events Manager. I am 23 years old  and I started as a Junior Events Manager a few months ago. I am passionate about life, I am energetic, organised and dynamic. I am the bossy kind, because you have to be when you have to organize events, like parties, weddings, bachelorettes, etc.... Otherwise you'll never get what you want and how you imagined the party to be. Yes, people don't always like me, but I get things done.

I have lots of contacts in every imaginable business there is, so I can call on them when I need their help with an event. There are also a lot of discounts because most of them owe me favors or they are my friends and insist on better prices. 

I have two closets. One closet is my wine and dine closet, it is spectacular clothes, so my clients will be impressed by my appearances and believe that I'm sophisticated and successful. In my other closet, I have my normal clothes which I wear to work and on days when I'm not working. 

I have a boyfriend, but we don't see each other a lot, because I am always working even on weekends. It puts quite a strain on our relationship, because we never have time for one another. He complains often, but what can I do? I am good at my job and I need the job!

I have two cats. Maybe I'll become a cat lady, because they understand that I cannot always be there. They don't need the attention that my boyfriend does. Yes, I'll become a cat lady.

This is just a little bit in the life of a Junior Events Manager.


No comments: