Friday, July 4, 2014

Day 4: Living without this would be impossible...

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

It is day 4 of the #writersbootcampZA. Happy Independence Day to all my American friends! Hope It was a great day! Today's challenge is to write about the thing which I cannot live without. Now, the people close to me will already know this answer very well.

What is the one thing I can't live without, you ask?

My wild imagination!

Yes, my wild imagination. I sometimes wonder where these images come from. Like how did I ever think of the things that pop into my head? 

Always when I'm talking I'll make the most random comparisons, which makes a lot of sense but no one would ever think of it in that way. I would usually describe my future as a kid who smudged cake in his face meaning it's blurry and I don't know what I'm going to do in the future, but I'm sure as hell enjoying it to lick the icing off my face, meaning I'm enjoying the uncertainty and still enjoying life.

I am way better at writing fictional stories than I am with writing realistic stories. When I was little I used to believe in fairies, trolls, gnomes, you name it and I believed in them as a child. I think the world would be wonderful if we really had such mystical creatures roaming the earth. My imagination never stopped thinking of them and I still love to write stories about these creatures. 

When I was about 10 years old, a friend and I decided to build a house for fairies and we put it in the field below us. We had fully believed that the fairies would be staying comfortably in that house, I was really crushed when there was nothing when we paid a visit a few days later. 

My wild imagination is part of my daily life and I would never give it up! It makes my life interesting and more than never, I want to laugh out loud about the things that are going on in my head because it is an imagination which is priceless. 

What is the one thing which you cannot live without?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also love my imagination, I love drawing the unrealistic stuff from my head