Sunday, June 1, 2014

The scary future of 2015

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

Hi, my name is Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen and I have no idea what I'm going to do next year and I am scared.


My third and final year has crept up to me like a mouse. How did this go so fast? I can still remember my first day in Grade 1 and here I am: A university student and a final year at that!

I have always had these big dreams about what I wanted to become. First it was a book editor, editing books and reading them all day. Sounds like a jolly good dream. Then, I wanted to become a diplomat for South-Africa in France, that dream was when I was enchanted with France. I also took French at school, but when I went to France, I realized that I love my country. 
My dream was then to become a journalist, but that dream faded very quickly, when I started studying Communication and realized all the possibilities, which I can do with Communication.

My problem is that the possibilities are too vast! I don't know what I want to do! Next year included. The question is do I want to do my honors in Communication, then the question is in which Communication? Do I even want to my honors? Would I rather do the Business School course, which is also a year? What do I want to do?

I DON'T KNOW!

The only thing I know for certain is that I want to travel the world. But when I mean travel, I mean SEE EVERYTHING, EXPERIENCE EVERYTHING. My plan thus far is to start working on a tourist ship, where I can make money. Enough money for the travels for at least one or two countries. In those countries I'll do petty jobs, where I'll save up for the next country. 
My plan is also to travel for at least 2-3 years... 

This is the only thing, which I'm certain about my future. I WILL TRAVEL! But for now, I'm having sleepless nights about the year 2015 and everything that it holds! 

Am I naive about this travelling thing? Should I relax about my future or start making plans?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Gaan waar jou hart jou neem, jy gaan opeindig waar jy moet wees, al vat jy 'n draai of twee voor jy daar uitkom... ons is nog so jonk ons moet nou die lewe geniet terwyl ons nog kan :)

Millenium Lady said...

Dankie, Mizan! Baie wyse woorde en ek stem saam. Ons sal tog daar uitkom!

Karen du Toit said...

Hou jou drome en gaan daarvoor!

Millenium Lady said...

Dankie, mamma!