Friday, February 7, 2014

Monkeys on campus

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

I never thought I would say this sentence, but here I am saying it. WE HAVE MONKEYS ON OUR CAMPUS! Actual monkeys.

Proof!
I knew about them for more than a week, but didn't blog about it, because I wanted to find out more. The university is being vague about this problem. The only information I could gather so far (and I'm talking under correction), is that the monkeys' natural habitat has been disturbed by development near their habitat. Where that would be, we don't know!

The university is leaving us in the dark here! They are only sending us warnings to not feed them, wear flashy things or talk on cellphones, while passing them.

They are going to become a problem, when they figure out there is a cafeteria with lots of food and also residences, which also contains food.

Why is the university not doing something about them? We used to see campus cats and chickens on campus, but since the monkeys arrived, they have been AWOL!

If anyone has information about this, please let me know. We are in the dark!

I know we live in Africa, but wild animals can usually only be found is game reserves and parks. Not on university campus'.

5 comments:

Karen du Toit said...

Surprise! Surprise!

Unknown said...

Those monkeys were send by 'King Kong' to study the human race.

Anonymous said...

I would be happy having them there!!! Wow amazing..........
Do you want them in a zoo??

Millenium Lady said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Millenium Lady said...

No, I don't want any animal in a zoo. I would just like to know what's going on. Yes, they are cute, but they will become a problem later on if they figure out where all the good food is. I feel they should go back to their natural habitat.