Friday, February 14, 2014

The perks of being a Casper

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

So, for these who know me, know that my skin color is just a shade darker than snow!

The ghost in front is me
The other night, we went to a event where they announced the RAG-winners. My dormitory placed 3rd with the doll heads on the floats, we also placed 3rd with the float in general and 5th with our clowns.

We took this picture at the event and I white-out on most of the photos which a flash is involved. This is sad! One can not even see my face properly.


Anyway, here is the perks of being a Casper:

  • When I'm old, I won't have a rubbery and ugly skin.
  • I can't tan (Tanning is bad for your skin), I just stay white.
  • I can scare people in the dormitory and make them believe that I am a ghost.
  • All the colors of rainbow look good with my skin
  • I shine like white paper when I'm in the sun (almost like the vampires in Twilight).
  • Chinese think of me as royalty, because royalty is not allowed out of the palace, therefore they have very white skins. (I learned this fact, when I was in Paris and met a lot of Chinese tourists).
  • I won't be mistaken for another race, my one friend gets constantly mistaken for a coloured person.
  • People instantly know that I'm from European lineage.
I was always jealous of people who could tan and who had brown skins, but I realized all the perks. Now I am comfortable in my own skin.  

If you can think of more perks, please let me know.




No comments: