Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Donating blood

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

My good deed for the day is done! I donated my blood today.


Last year I wasn't allowed even once to donate blood, because my blood pressure and iron was too low. Today, I ate like an ox and salted every single thing on my plate, so I could go and donate. The friendly lady, who took my blood pressure and iron, told me that I was still on the border of not donating. But at least, I could!

I, also have this phobia for needles. I freak out when I see them, especially the needles they use to draw blood! IT IS HUGE! Another friendly lady, kept talking to me and made awesome conversation, when she suddenly stuck in the needle in my arm. I like that tactic a lot, because I didn't expect it.

My blood saves lives. Your blood saves lives!
Go and donate some of those awesome juices!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also can't donate blood sometimes when I go because my iron is too low... it sucks because then you wont be able to help a person.