Saturday, February 1, 2014

RAG- weekend

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

Sometimes, I wonder if I chose to go to the right university and then weekends like this happen and I know I ABSOLUTELY made the right choice. Nowhere in the world would I have found the student life that I have here.

Me and bestie, Marinda
RAG translated is "Your selfless sacrifice for charity". The students build floats in order to raise money for charity. But there are also bands performing on the RAG-farm, as well as beer tents. People come from all over to see the bands and the floats.



Last night, there was also amazing fireworks, no photo can do them any justice, because they were simply amazing!

I really had a great time with my friends and dancing in the crowds who came to see the bands.


Here are some of the photos of the floats (the theme was Zeussim: as in Dr. Zeuss)



All in all, it was a very fun weekend and it feels great to know that I also contributed to charity and had so much fun. 

No comments: