Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Soapbox about friends

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

We are in in the stage of our lives, where everyone is tired of kissing frogs, we are looking for THE ONE. Most of my friends have boyfriends, who they claim are the 'one's', but while they are dating the ONE's, they forget about their friends.



It is very nice, if you think so, but I believe that your friends are just important as your boyfriend. I believe that you have enough hours in your day to make time for both parties!

Don't neglect your friends! I have a friend who is missing out on all the fun activities that we have in the dormitory, just so she can see her boyfriend EVERY single night. I miss her and honestly she is starting to lose me as a friend, because my life goes on and I enjoy it with people, who make time for me and I make time for them. Friendship to me is about availability and not about longevity.

I am tired of convincing her to come and eat lunch with me, because she even has her lunch time reserved for her boyfriend. Talking to her is also not an option, because she is strong willed and will not listen when you try to talk sense into her.

I have been raised to ALWAYS have a balance in my life. Make time for friends, boyfriends, activities and academic work... but that is just me.

We are still young and our lives still ahead of us, make time to have fun! You have the rest of your life to spend it with the ONE!

How do you feel about this?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think this is absolutely ridiculous and absurd. I never get this young girls who just wants to spend time with 'the one' and no one else, where is the ambition. Having a pet rock is hard enough, he always wants to run away, oh there he goes again, excuse me.