Monday, January 6, 2014

Tired of kissing frogs

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen


I know I'm still young, but i really am tired of kissing those damned frogs!

Today, my parents and I got talking about kissing frogs. Yes, I'm still young. No, I'm not looking for a husband to marry... YET!!!! But it is just really irritating meeting guys and very soon you realize they are the complete opposite of what you are looking for.


There is an Afrikaans saying "Elke pot het sy deksel" it means 'Every pot has its lid'. Therefore, I believe that for every person out there, there is someone who will fit perfectly with them. For the strange, there is strange. For the Mr. Beans, there are Ms. Beans who will turn into Mrs. Beans.

One of my best friends told me that she is also tired of kissing frogs. She was at a club and made eye contact with a cute stranger for almost the whole evening. She said that he was really gorgeous and was tall, dark and handsome. Later that evening he came over to where she was sitting. He started the conversation with a corny pick-up line. She got up and simply walked away. I asked her why she did it and she replied that she wasn't even willing to give this frog a try. She believes that her prince should be more creative than using a corny pick-up line, if he had used a new one or a funny one. She said that a normal 'Hello, my name is..." would also have done the trick.

I don't want to kiss any frogs, anymore. I want to meet my prince and kiss him so he stays my prince, haha! I know I'm not being realistic, but it would be really nice if it worked like that.


Well, Prince Charming, I'm waiting patiently! But please don't take too long!

This is me for a while...

*Photos were taken off the internet.

Please feel free to leave a comment :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't be too worried about finding the love of your life. You just go out there and live as if nothing is bothering you. Trust me, I am very good at that. I am an expert at being single :^)

Millenium Lady said...

Haha I'm not an expert at being single, because for most of my life I have been in relationships! This is really quite new to me... But I will take your advice!

Unknown said...

Here is some more advice. Throw that "Taylor Swift" albums away and get yourself some Owl City albums. His music will get you a totally new perspective.

Millenium Lady said...

Thank you, I will do so. Not a Taylor Swift fan, but will listen to Owl City. They are pretty cool.