Friday, January 17, 2014

We all are winners

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

Today, we went to go and watch my sister running at her school's athletic event.

Sister and me

She was very upset when she didn't win (or even close), she was third last. Just after she finished running, she already had a sad face and said that she lost. How do you explain to a 5 year old, that winning isn't everything?

Children grow up believing that it is very important and it's not...
I, also never won. Our family is not really athletic. We have the brains! One day she will win other kids in grades, whereas they will in sport. Everyone wins in their own way and every person is unique and no one else can be the same as you.

The awesome blue team
We all are winner, just in different ways!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I also wasn't very athletic but I did participate just for the fun of it. It's great to be a loser :^)

Millenium Lady said...

Participating was very fun for me! I never made the A-teams but in the B-teams, there wasn't that pressure, just loads of fun! Which I enjoyed a lot!