Friday, January 3, 2014

2013 in review

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen




1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?

I have changed my style in clothes


2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?


Yes, one. I wanted to get better grades at university and I did!


3. How did you spend New Year’s Eve?

With one of my best friends, Melanie, at the Vaal River!


4. Did anyone close to you die?

Luckily not.


5. What countries did you visit?


None, I was in South Africa the whole time, but 2014 will have a different answer :)


6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?


Better relationships with friends, guys and family


7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?


February 16, I decided to end a relationship, because it was holding me back from my bigger dreams.


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I learned to say no and I also got better grades than 2012.


9. What was your biggest failure?


Letting the wrong people be part of my life, when I should've spent more time with the right ones...


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Yes, I slammed the car door shut on my finger. Took 6 months for it to recover.


11. What was the best thing you bought?


My gorgeous, blue Mica hair straightner


12. Where did most of your money go?

Sushi and buying groceries.


13. What song will always remind you of 2013?


Wake me up-Avicii


14. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Exercised and I wish I had more adventures


15. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Loathed


16. What were your favourite TV shows?

Vampire diaries, The originals, Reign, Game of thrones


17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?


Hate is a strong word, I just dislike them very much...


18. What was the best book you read?


The Help from Katheryn Stockett


19. What was your greatest musical discovery?


Dans dans lisa (An Afrikaans band), Imagine dragons, Ed Sheeran


20. What was your favourite film of this year?


Monsters university and The heat


21. What did you do on your birthday?


I spent it with great friends at an Irish pub, Brazenhead and the next day with family.


22. What kept you sane?


Music, great friends, good times and my awesome family



23. Who did you miss?


My uncle, Anton and Aunt, Ronel, living in the UK and my other uncle, Wynand, living in Texas.


24. Who was the best new person you met?

Mmm, I don't know?


25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:
  • Happiness is an inside job 
  • No is no.

1 comment:

Ronel van Zyl said...

Miss you too!! ;-)

xxxxx