Monday, December 30, 2013

Last day at shoe shop

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

Like I have mentioned before I was working in a shoe shop. But all good and bad stuff must come to an end.

I have learned to work with customers nice or rude. Some come in already, ready for a fight and others will be so friendly that you are almost stunned... I have also lost a bit of faith in humanity because most customers don't even acknowledge you, after you have greeted them heartily and they can really be unreasonable for no reason at all.

I have made new friends with my colleagues, they welcomed me with open arms and we really had good times in the store. We had a good laugh at customers, who went crazy or started shouting at us for a pair of shoes... If shoes ever become so important to me that I start shouting at the shop assistants, then I must know that I have totally lost it... It was fun knowing them and I'm going to try to make regular visits there.

We have also established that i can't dance, especially not to house music... But i have known it for a long time now!

Also one of the perks of working in a shoe shop is that we have first pick at what shoes we want. If we get more stock from the suppliers and open the boxes and there is shoes in them which we like, we get to buy them first, before they are even on the selves!

Today was my last day in the shoe shop.

All in all, it was yet another great year and now I have money to show for my slavery in the shop. But that money is going straight to my study fund for 2014!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I also had my last day at the shoe shop! Was quite an experience! Not necessarily the best holiday activity, but I learnt some lessons, shared some good laughs and got to know a bunch of awesome people! Great working with you ;)

Millenium Lady said...

It really was great working with you, Marinda. Was also nice seeing you almost every day!

Millenium Lady said...

It really was great working with you, Marinda. Was also nice seeing you almost every day!