Sunday, December 29, 2013

Friends forever

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

Everyone has those few people, who will always be your friends.

Marinda and me
First of all, I have a life long friend, Marinda, I have literally known her my whole life. Our mothers met in prenatal classes. She was born the 1st of July and I was born the 6th Of July. We have been friends for 20 and a half years. She was also working with me at the shoe shop, so it was really fun seeing her every day at work. At least she is with me at university and we usually make lunch dates just to see each other in our busy schedules.


Second of all,  I have a friend, Melanie, whom I met on the first day of my first school day.
Melanie and me
I still remember the first day of school. We were sitting across each other and we instantly became friends. At the end of the day, I put her home number on my calculator... Yes, my calculator! I put the calculator in my bag and when I got home the number was GONE!! (It was a solar calculator) I cried for hours, not realizing that I will be seeing her the next day! We have been friends for 14 years now and still will be 'til we die!

Last, but definitely not least, is Margerethe.
Margerethe and me
She was my roommate this year at our residence. We only met last year, but have been best friends since then. She has the best personality and is the most down to earth person I know. Her nickname in the residence is Nike and it suits her quite well, because she is a very hard worker. It was great sharing a room with her and we had so much fun and random times. This friendship is definitely gonna last a lifetime. She really is a roll model to me and I look up to her.

I have many other friends, who are all really special to me, but these 3 deserve a special shout out. They have changed my life in ways that no one else could. thank you for being my friends. I appreciate you!

No comments: