Friday, December 13, 2013

Vacation at Mabula

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen
A giraffe


We were out of touch this week, because we were in paradise, also known as Mabula Game Lodge in Limpopo.
I am crazy about this place, because there is no city lights and noise of the city. All you could hear is the sounds of birds, bugs and animals.
There was no reception for cellphones, which was quite nice.

On a guided walk, 20m away from Rhino
I, especially love the game drives, which they offer. You get to see 4 of the Big 5. The leopards almost never show their faces, so to see them is a special treat.
We also got to do a guided walk with a game ranger. He is very intelligent and showed us many amazing things. We also got the chance to walk with Rhinos, we were able to get within 20 meters of them. It is such a same that they are going extinct, but hopefully they can be preserved and that even our grandchildren will be able to see them.

There was a great kiddies program on for kids, which my sister enjoyed a lot.
A crocodile demonstration for kids

We love going to Mabula, I don't know how many times I have been there, but each time I enjoyed it immensely. I hope we will be going there soon.
Grandma and me on a game drive in the rain


Please feel free to leave a comment :)

No comments: