Thursday, December 19, 2013

Bookworm by heart

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

I am a huge bookworm and I have my mom to thank for that, because she awakened my love for books. Every night she would read stories to me and she always encouraged me to read books. Often, we went to the library to take out some books. It was my heaven. My dream is still that I will one day write my own books.


My bookshelf, excluding a lot of books on my nightstand

You know you're a bookworm when...:

  • You lost count on how many books you've read. I am far over the 100, maybe even in the 200's...
  • You can read a 500 pager in less than 2 days.
  • You run into every bookstore you see and all the books ask you to buy them.
  • You know where most of the second hand bookstores are, because you can afford to buy lots of books with a tight budget.
  • When you are bored, you will read almost anything, even a cookbook. Yip, that happened to me before.
  • You know you are a good book reader, when you put a book down, because it is not going the way you want to. Later, you accept the fate of the book and decide to read further because it's all you have.
  • You know the writing style of your favorite authors. 
  • Your bookshelf is overloaded with books and you don't know where to put them anymore. (First world problems)
  • You are so caught up in the book, you don't hear anything going on around you. 
  • The characters becomes so much part of your life that you wish they were your actual friends.
My mom's bookshelf, excluding the ones on her nightstand

My favorite author is James Patterson, he writes fiction books, but man oh man, is he good! Some of his books have been transformed into movies, like 'Along came a spider', 'Kiss the girls' and 'Alex Cross'.

Are you a bookworm? Who is your favorite author?

No comments: