Thursday, January 9, 2014

Attacked by a dog

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

Today my mom, sister and I took our dogs for a walk, which they absolutely loved. They are always attempting to escape our garden. So, this walk was freedom x 10000.

*Petite Peu and Benji
The dogs tired easily, because they are unfit due to the reason that we don't go and walk with them a lot.

In our complex, there are lots of dogs and they bark at everything even at an ant walking in front of them. So, when we entered the complex, the dogs started barking loudly. Our dogs are very small but can get very arrogant against big dogs, when we know they will come second to these dogs.

We were almost at our house when suddenly a huge dog jumped over his wall. I couldn't believe my eyes and he ran straight at us and was aiming for Petite Peu, the black dog. My sister luckily ran to the house, while we were fending off this big dog.

All I could think of was to get PP away from the big dog, so I picked her up by her leash and was holding her in my arms. The big dog's mouth went over PP's head, but she didn't bite because I pulled her away. My mom kept screaming "NO!" at the dog. I wasn't even worried about myself getting bitten by the dog, I just wanted to protect my dog.

It is really strange how we react in a crisis. My sister ran, my mom screamed and I just tried to save my dog. Luckily none of us got hurt, not even PP, who was so arrogant against this big dog.

This big dog that attacked us, is to large for our complex environment. The dogs are not supposed to be higher than knee height, this dog was about hip height. HE CAN JUMP OVER WALLS! That scared the living crap out of me!

It was scary, but I'm just glad that no one got hurt.

*Petite Peu stands for 'little bit' in French. She was supposed to be way smaller than she is, but we still love her and Benji, all the same, even if they are arrogant towards very large dogs!


No comments: