Monday, February 3, 2014

First day of my last year

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

I am a final year. It sounds strange to say it out loud, but this year I am finishing my degree!

Now, seeing the first years all confused and running around like headless chickens, is strange. The university has become like a second home. I know every shortcut, every strange path and roads less traveled.

The first day of university was crazy. There were queues EVERYWHERE: At the gym, the bookstores, the banks, the bursary offices, you name it and there was a queue! So, my advice is: go to class and nowhere else for the first few days or get everything done beforehand.

And... just to make it all worse, it was raining cats and dogs! It was coming down by the gallons and streams were flowing everywhere. Luckily, I had my cute gumboots on.

My awesome boots!
I could walk just where I wanted, without getting wet. It was a good start to my day.
It also seems that all my lecturers are very nice, except for the ones who already gave us work (Just joking, they are cool too).

Today was also the first day I started my work at the Reading Labs*. It went very well and the people are very down to earth.

Today went quite well! (Touch wood)

*Reading Labs: it is a compulsory reading course for first years, to help their reading skills and get them up to university standards.

2 comments:

Karen at MomAgain@40 said...

Best wishes and I know this is going to be your greatest year yet! :D

Millenium Lady said...

Thank you so much, Mom. I couldn't get this far, if it wasn't for your support!