Monday, September 22, 2014

The importance of 'I'

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

I, is a very important word. Why? Because it all starts with YOU. With me.


I really think I should become an ambassador for this quote, because I've been promoting it and using it constantly. This quote has been a symbol to me since my life made a change for the better, and my life made a change for the better, because I realized that HAPPINESS IS AN INSIDE JOB!

Yes, Millenium Lady is preaching again or as I would like to call it: Soapbox! Constantly, I hear friends complainig that their significant others are not making them happy.
Now, the problem is that I don't go into a relationship to make someone happy for the duration of that relationship. I go into that relationship, because I like them. It is not your task to make someone happy and it is also not their task to make you happy! You have to contribute to each other's happiness, not take it from unhappiness to happiness.

YOU! YOU! YOU! You are responsible for being happy. You determine your own future. You have to realize that YOU determining how your life is. No one made the choices for you. If you don't like where you are in life or about the choices you made: Today is a good day to start changing it.



We all have our off-days, when we'd rather stay in bed, watch movies and eat ice-cream out of a tub and that is perfectly fine. But today is a really good day to make a change for the better. The catch is: YOU have to make that change alone. No one is going to change for you or will be changed by you. YOU have to be the change. If you want the world to change, you have to be the change. Start with the person in the mirror- wise advice from the legend Michael Jackson and here is the video- you're welcome!


My challenge for you is to make you own happiness and just be happy!
Peace, love and everything nice!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post. I also firmly believe that you should make your own happiness. Sometimes I'm even happy for no reason and people don't understand it.

Karen du Toit said...

You've got the answer! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Every morning as you wake up you make a conscious decision that you are going to have a great day!!