Monday, June 23, 2014

Over it!

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

This is my third and final year as a Communication student. Next year is still a mystery! But it has not been easy....

Maia and me

Today, I wrote my last paper for the semester. I wrote two tests today and the first one was horrible! It will be a miracle if I do pass it, but I have seen miracles happen here and I'm really hoping for one today when they start marking our tests!

I'm on holiday and yet it still feels like I have to do work or some kind of project, because I never really had one chill day this semester. I always had something to do! I am currently busy packing my bags and tonight I'm going to a 21st celebration of a friend. I CAN RELAX!!!!!

I had a very tough semester and it never felt like I touched ground. I also think that I have ADD. Previous years, I just thought that I was lazy and didn't really bother me, but this year when it was crunch-time (which is always) I could never sit still and concentrate. Everything distracts me and I can never focus. It really became a problem in April/ May when we had about a project per day to give in. I found myself typing in the whee hours of the morning, typing like a frantic monkey to meet the deadlines, but still my attention was never where it was supposed to be, I always jump up and go do something else, even when it's crunch-time. This is very different from procrastination, because I know how procrastination feels and this is not it... I will give attention to this over the holiday!

Yes, studying is not easy and giving up sounds wonderful, but I did not come this far to just throw in the towel! I will make it and I will also make a success out of this! I always tell myself that I am extremely privileged to study and I should not waste the chances that has been given to me.

I am excited to finish my degree this year and about the mysteries of next year that lie in front of me!

2 comments:

Karen du Toit said...

I am proud of you for working so hard! I think all students have a bit of ADD! I think you are also a much better student than I used to be!

Unknown said...

Relaxing is for the weak. If you relax then you miss out on life:-D