Monday, July 28, 2014

The crossing straight from hell

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

Each and every week, I am forced to cross a four-way stop, which I personally named as the Crossing from Hell. I don't have a car, so I am forced to cross it by foot. I have to cross the Crossing from Hell, because on the other side lies my groceries and needed study material for the beginning of a semester.

I cross this Crossing from Hell, at least once a week maybe twice or three times. 

Crossing from Hell
Each time the crossing looks quiet but as soon as you want to cross it, there are 1 000 000 cars who have to cross it as well. I gave this crossing its name, because I had many near death experiences here. Students say that they know how a four-way stop works, but it's a lie... They don't. I know it because I have had too many near death experiences... So, to save everyone who crosses this crossing or any other like it, I decided to make a guide on how to cross it.

How to cross the Crossing from Hell:

  1. Run. I repeat: RUN! 
  2. Make sure there is a group of people who want to cross it as well. (This helps that you don't make mistakes and walk in front of a moving car)
  3. Make sure you are in the middle of this group (If a car hits, you are the safest)
  4. When crossing, close your eyes and walk as fast as lightning.
  5. RUN! I repeat: RUN! 
  6. Imagine you are walking to 'I'm walking on sunshine', but put it on fast forward and move your buns!
  7. If you see a cute guy/girl, keep yourself together and RUN! Once on the other side of the crossing, you can smile at him.
  8. If there is a bicycle who also wants to cross, you better put on your takkies, 'cause you're gonna run for your life and keep up with him/her to not get hit.
  9. Make sure you wear bright colors (Neon colors, Red, Cerise Pink, Blue, Lime Green, Yellow) any color that will make visible to drivers.
  10. RUN! RUN! RUN! RUN!

Have you ever crossed a crossing like this? What is your experiences?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have the luxury to cross it every day, several times. I tried every technique and I learned the best is just to walk, without hesitation, just walk. If you get hit it's always the driver's fault and if you cause an accident and your unharmed, YEAHHH!!!!

Unknown said...

I used to cross this crossing every day to school and back home. I never had any bad experiences with it.