Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Feeling like an application form

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

Ah, the mysteries of 2015...
Autumn-the change of seasons just like 2015 will be to me

In previous blog posts I have written about my uncertainty about next year and here I am two months later and still clueless as ever. As a final year student, many important decisions have to made in this crucial time; decisions like am I going to do my honors, or another diploma, or am I going to start working. For the past two weeks I've been filling out so much forms and applications, I'm starting to feel like one, no jokes.

I imagine myself meeting someone and I'll be like:
Me: "Student number?
Person: "Huh? Why?
Me: "Okay, person doesn't know... What is your title, initials and surname?
Person: "What? You wanna stalk me on Facebook already?"
Me: (Filling out the form in my head thinking: Initials are YWSMO and surname is Facebook)
       "What is your date of birth?"
Person: "Dude, I'm 21!" (Walks away, not knowing what just happened)

Yes, that is the extent of the Application Syndrome. Normal conversation has been forever ruined because of these life changing forms. These forms will determine the beginning of my working career, but not necessarily the end of it. It feels like very big decisions that I'm making. I might sound negative, but I'm actually very excited for the possibilities and I still have the perception that I can change the world with whatever choice I decide to make.

Today, I also heard that I got accepted at Flow Communications to shadow there in October. They are a very prestigious communication company and I am indeed a very lucky person! This will be a big step for me, because it will be great putting it on my CV, as well as the experience I'll be gaining will be priceless!

Signed on the 27th day of August
Signature of student:
AKOosthuizen


No comments: