Sunday, May 10, 2015

When hard work doesn't pay off

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

You know that feeling when you have worked so hard for something and then one day, you get the great reward of all that hard work?
Well, that is not the case with one of my subjects: Accounting.


I am busy with my post-grad diploma in management and accounting is one of my subjects... We wrote our second accounting test and I failed miserably. Just like my first test. This is after I have been studying it non-stop. We went camping and I studied, we had long weekends and I studied, during the week I had put time out every day to study accounting. AND I FAILED MISERABLY.

Usually hard work pays off, but not this time. I am truly not 'snapping' how accounting works. I am a communication brain, the creative kind and suddenly I have to think Maths and do sums and read between the lines of the scenarios and problems. No thanks!

My problem is that I HAVE TO PASS IT!!!! There will be no second chances or maybe next time. It has to be now!
I am in the process of organizing some help from people and I hope it will work and not cost to much, because this student is POOR!!!!

I am also disappointed because I sold some of my headbands, armbands and necklaces at a market yesterday and it didn't go well at all. I spend so much time on making these headbands and stuff and was bargaining on getting good money there, so I would have enough money for the month. This is another case of when my hard work didn't pay off. There were not enough people and a lady just a few tables from me, was selling some of the same things. So disappointing!

A headband I made.


I worked hard on both these things and my hard work didn't pay off.

Millennium Lady will not be sad, but only strive to do better next time! I will succeed with the biggest smile on my face! I will defeat accounting!

3 comments:

Karen du Toit said...

Thumbs that you WILL master that accounting!!

Keely said...

wow I love the headband that you made :)

Millennium Lady said...

Thanks girl! I appreciate it!