Saturday, May 23, 2015

Where has the semester gone???

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

"Life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer it gets to the end the faster it goes." Anonymous.
Mr. Anonymous, never have you been more right than with this quote!

Oh man, just the other day I started with my post-graduate diploma in management, just figuring out how to wrap this arty, communication brain around business subjects and all things management. Changing my way of thinking. Making new friends and trying to keep up with the old.

And in a wink of an eye: here I am, beginning to stress for exam preparations!!! Like HELLO! Where has the semester gone? How has 6 months gone by so fast? Have I been sleeping for half of the time?


Exams are starting in a week. Scary!

Like I have mentioned in previous blog posts, I am struggling with Accounting. Never in my life have I worked so hard to master a subject and then failing miserably in it. Usually hard work pays off. We wrote our last test on Thursday. The test of Thursday will determine whether or not I have enough marks to write the Accounting exam. If I didn't pass the test, then I will not be getting my diploma at the end of the year, because I will still have to complete Accounting. So, I am holding thumbs, toes and hair that I have passed the test! I want this year to be my final year, please!

In my other subjects I am doing so good! Getting distinctions all the way. My other subjects are Economics, General Management, Information management systems and Strategic management. Never in my degree of Communications have I gotten distinctions for my subjects, so it feels really good that hard work is being reflected... (except for Accounting, of course!).

I will be making this exams successful, so I can fully enjoy my holiday in San Antonio, Texas with my family and my uncle, who we will be visiting!

Please hold thumbs that I get those grades for Accounting, it will give me the fighting chance to conquer my exams!!! It will also give me reason to celebrate in San Antonio!

I hope you all have great and successful exams and that the holidays will be as glorious as mine will be!

No comments: