Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Sleep: My daily drug

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

When I'm awake, I constantly think of sleep. When I'm asleep, I dream of sleeping. Sleeping is my drug and you know what? IT'S FREE!!!!

Are you also a student, who constantly sleeps?


In my first year, I got the nickname, Sleeping Beauty, because I was always falling asleep in my Afrikaans lecturer's class. But in my defense, she was a bit  extremely boring. Always reading the same poems and going on and on about the same work. The time of the class, was also accidentally in my afternoon nap time. I got good grades so the lecturer never scolded me, she just nicknamed me. My second year was pretty much the same thing, always falling asleep in class.

Lately, I'm quite good at staying awake in class and at work. I try to doodle in class or make notes, which helps to keep the sleepiness at bay. When I do eventually arrive at the residence, I immediately get in bed. I never sleep the amount of time that I planned. I set my alarm for an half an hour, but when I eventually awake from my death sleep, it's an hour and a half later...




I always feel so guilty when I wake up and think about how much work I COULD HAVE done in that hour... 
Pfffft! Yeah right!

Problem is: I love sleeping so much, I might consider marrying it. I love my bed. Oh, and did I mention my cushion. Just writing this, I am already fantasizing about my bed.

Is there something wrong with me? Or is sleeping just my drug? 
I'll go for the latter!

Sleep tight, my dear readers.

Sleeping Beauty
xx

2 comments:

Karen du Toit said...

Also had the same problem! ;-)

Millennium Lady said...

Then it runs in the family, I guess!