Sunday, May 18, 2014

CANSA relay for life

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

Yesterday, we went to the annual CANSA Relay for life. This was my second relay of CANSA that I attended and it is always great fun!



This relay was to raise awareness about cancer and to raise money for CANSA to help cancer patients. A few years ago,, I detected a lump in my breast. It is a very scary thing to discover.
The lump is benign. But after the detection, I decided to support wherever I can.

They have been planning this event for months and we really enjoyed ourselves. At the starting line you buy a necklace and add a bead for every time you walked around the field.


There were also food stalls and health stalls next to the field to show you how to lower your risk to cancer. A friend and I, went to check our health...


I am almost 21 and my age in health is 21.1, so I am not that unhealty, except that I should learn more good habits in order to live a healthier life. Challenge accepted!


No comments: