Monday, May 12, 2014

No smooching in public please!

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

In the past week, I have walked past numerous couples smooching each other on campus! Sies man!

Painting in our subway at university
Where is your self-respect and respect for others?
The whole campus does not want to see that you are dating. Also, people might think you're dying, because you are making such a big HOO-HA about parting with your lover. You are going to see them in an hour or so.

What I've also noticed is that these smoochers, usually have a friend tagging along. Again, SIES MAN! Consider your friend and that it is awkward to watch you guys smooch, while they have to wait for the parting to happen, so they can walk the rest of the journey with you.

Last week, I also bumped into two couples, who randomly stopped to smooch in front of me. Be considerate and step out of the way before smooching. You are not living in a world where it is only the two of you. People are walking here.

Maybe, I'm just jealous, because I have no one in my life, but I seriously think you should keep the smooching for the not so public places and that you should be considerate towards others and also have a little bit of self-respect to tell your better half to not eat your face off.

Go and read this article about How much display of affection is acceptable.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also think it's disgusting when two people start kissing in front you. I mean, "hellooo, I am eating here."