Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Babysitting two girls

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

We struggle to find things to do for my baby sister during the long December holidays. The schools and holiday care at the school is closed for the festive season and we are running out of ideas, so my sister's best friend came to sleep over, last night, and she played here for the day.  This is roughly the summary of my babysitting adventures:

Coloring in Tinkerbelle

Painting ceramics

A letter to the Tooth Mouse/ Fairy
My sister had lost her tooth, because she refused to take it out, only to later realize that it wasn't in her mouth anymore. We had to write a letter to the Tooth Mouse, asking forgiveness and asking him if he would be so kind as to search for the tooth and to still give my sister money for it.

Pizzas for lunch
 I made the girls delicious, little pizzas after they nagged me for it, only to change their minds that they want pasta and I ended up eating it.

Playing dress-up 
Clay play- making all sorts of interesting things
Man, kids are different kinds of species and hard work. I am waiting another 20 years before I get my own children. Babysitting is hard work and I have mad respect for all the teachers, babysitters and nannies out there.