Saturday, December 13, 2014

Travelling starts locally

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

One of my biggest dreams is to travel the whole world. This has been my dream, since I went to France and London in 2011. I have discovered that I have a wanderlust. According to the Urban Dictionary the definition of Wanderlust is:

1. A very strong or irresistible impulse to travel.

2. Strong longing for or impulse toward wandering



I want to see and explore every country. I want to eat the weird and wacky foods of those countries and learn about the traditional foods, the traditions. I want to experience EVERYTHING!!

But what does it help if you travel the world, but you never explore your own country?

This past week, we went to Uvongo in Kwazulu-Natal on the South Coast of South-Africa. Here are some photos of our time there and the surrounding areas. I decided to use photos, because they are worth a thousand words.

Beautiful mountains on our trip to the coast


We have arrived! Rock pools at Uvongo

Sister taking a photo of me at the rock pools


Sisters ready to go to the beach

The beautiful beach, Uvongo.
My flip flops in the sand

A coffee tour at the Beaver Creek Coffee Estate in Port Edward


Taking a walk at the Clearwater Trails in Port Edward

I find the name Clearwater Trails ironic, when I look at the river. 

Travelling back home, my sister made a fort for herself out of pure boredom

Travelling starts locally and then internationally. I had the best time this past week and I realized all over again, just how beautiful my country is. South-Africa truly is majestic and amazing!

No comments: