Tuesday, October 28, 2014

My summer list

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

Here in South-Africa, there is no such thing as spring. We get the blossoms that bloom like spring, but we have the heat of a full-blown summer! I was born in the winter and therefore I am a lover of summer. I blossom in summer (pun intended).

My mom, Momagain@40, asked me to take part in this Summer List. Well, here goes:

What is your favorite thing about summer?


My favorite thing about summer is the fact that the whole world gets life again. Everything is green and blossoming, people dress pretty and colourful for summer and everyone is inspired to accomplish higher heights. But my most favorite thing is that I can open my windows and just take it all in.

Do you have a favorite summer drink?

I must confess that after a long and hot day, there is nothing better than an ice cold beer, running down my throat.

Is there a location you like to go each summer?

I don't have a place where I always go, but I am crazy about the bush veld and going to game farms. It feels like I belong there and should be running wild with all the animals... 

Dresses or skirts?

Oh, I love me some dresses! And each and every year, the dresses just get more beautiful and then I just want them all! If I could wear them 24/7 I would! 

Sandals or ballet pumps?

Sandals are the best option for summer, because they won't give you smelly feet like pumps. I am crazy about my sandals and I wear them down in the summer time...

Hair up or down?

I am a hair down type of person come hell or high water even though it is hot....

Hair always down
Smokey eyes or bold lips?

I recently discovered the power of bold lips: red lips. I love the boldness and it makes me feel so sexy! But I prefer smokey eyes as well in the summer, especially when we are having a night-out.

My red lips and I


Favorite perfume for summer?

My favorite perfume for summer is Adidas: Pure Lightness. It smells delicious and it doesn't cost this student an arm and a leg....

Favorite music for summer?

My favorite music for summer, is music that make me want to go on an adventure or roadtrip. Music that makes me feel infinite and invincible... This song by NONONO- Pumpin Blood, makes me want to go an adventure with great friends...


What is your Summer List?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interesting list. My summer list only have the word "sea" on it, I find the sea very interesting. I am a child of the sea.