Saturday, November 15, 2014

Communication degree: COMPLETED!

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

On Thursday I wrote my last test for my communication degree, I wanted to scream with joy after the test, but I had to be considerate of the other people who were still writing. But on the inside I was screaming of joy!

I MADE IT THIS FAR!!!!!

Blood, sweat and tears were all part of my degree. So were all-nighters, calls to mom crying my eyes out, running like an Olympic champion to give projects in on time. and also going to write an exam for the second time, because I failed the first exam.

Yes, it wasn't always easy, but there were more good times than bad. I made amazing friends, who will be my bridesmaids. I have fallen in love and also fallen out of love. I have learned to replace my "what if's" with "Oh well's". I realized that it is fine to not know what the future holds and to simply tackle each day as it comes. I discovered myself.

My amazing group of friends
We had a lot of group projects this year and in previous years, we had people in our group who did nothing and we were stuck with all the work. This year we had the perfect group and they became my best friends (See photo above). We worked very hard, but also played hard. Without that combination I would've drowned.

Unfortunately, some of my friends are not going to study further and my last goodbye's have been said. But most of my friends will be staying on and doing their Honours or a diploma of some kind.
I will also be making new friends next year when I am doing my post-graduate diploma in management.

I look forward to the adventures and the unknown awaiting me next year. I am also gonna complete my bucket list for university. This song is my motto for next year:



But that is next year! Now, I am going to enjoy my 2 months vacation and spend some time with my amazing family and friends from home.

1 comment:

Karen at MomAgain@40 said...

So proud of you!! Well done!!