Saturday, November 22, 2014

Romance was murdered

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

News just in: Romance was murdered this morning when he was getting off the high-way. One-night-stand, laziness and Alcohol shot him through the window. He was trying to make his way to Effort and Time (his family). The people responsible have not been caught yet. It is a sad time for all the single people out there. His funeral will take place on the 14th of February.

Or could the loss of Romance be blamed on Cupid, because he is always drunk? And forgot all about his duties? Like protecting Romance, Time and Effort? He will be taken in for questioning for failing to do his duties and also for FUI (Flying Under the Influence).


Romance was totally murdered. Maybe, it's the era that we're living in or maybe it's the phase of our lives, which we're in? I have no idea, but where are the flowers, the going on dates, the getting to know one another, the excitement when the person messages you, the late-night phone calls?
Because I have not experienced it! Maybe it is an ideal that is painted by movies, but I don't want to believe it.

The other night when I was out with friends, a guy came up to me and asked for a dance. During this dance, I accidentally stepped his toe. He then demanded that I give him my number, to make up for his sore toe...

No, sonny boy! If you made the effort to talk to me, then maybe you would've gotten my number. I tried to make conversation, but all I got was shrugs... Maybe if you took the time to even ask my name, I would've wanted to talk to you. I should've stepped on your other toe, as well. Too bad I didn't.

I am not saying that guys alone should do all the effort, girls should also take time and put effort into relationships. I truly believe in equality. Guys and girls should pay for dates. Guys and girls should really put effort into relationships. But where has that effort gone??? Maybe murdered along with romance. Or maybe Cupid tripped and fell on effort and he is suffering from brain damage and Cupid refuses to do anything about it...

Whatever it may be: I will find someone who will try to bring back the romance, effort and time to get to know me. Maybe this person will put Cupid in rehab and get him sobered up, so he can continue to do his duties.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The only place where romance still exists is in book stores. I've seen it, there is a whole section called "Romance". I know this story about two people who are meant for each other but they have never met each other. They are suppose to meet in a book store, It didn't happen yet.

Millenium Lady said...

So, you think Romance maybe faked his death and is hiding out in a bookstore, waiting for a man and a woman to find him?