Thursday, March 19, 2015

Count your blessings, girl!

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

Have you ever thought about how blessed you really are?

Yesterday and today, I was feeling down. It is a tough year on finances and academically. I don't have bursaries anymore, since I am post-grad. The bursaries only pay for your degree, except if a company decides to pay for your post-grad, if they want you to go and work there afterwards. Academically, I am struggling with Accounting, because I have never had it before, EVER! The other subjects are fine, just a lot of work. Some of the people in the group are also not pulling their weight, making the workload so much more. And it just seems that there is never enough time. Not enough time to get the work done. Not enough time to spend with friends and family. Realizing you haven't spoken to someone in months, because you are to busy.

I had to stop for minute and just count my blessings.
We were sitting in a class, talking about the future of the country. My beautiful country, which cannot be managed correctly. Students, including me, were feeling negative about the country and our futures in it. The lecturer preached to us that we should stop complaining, we are so lucky to be sitting in that class. We have money to study, we are healthy, we have a roof over our heads and we have food to eat.
That makes you part of the top 3% richest people in the world.
YES, WE ARE BLESSED!


After the class, when I was at work, we got the news that we will be getting our pay in March instead of April, which also lightened the weight even more.

Things are looking up! Stress is an evil thing, because in the end everything will work out like it should, but stress makes you believe the opposite!

"Everything will be alright in the end, and if it's not alright, then it's not the end." -The Exotic, Marigold Hotel

No comments: