Thursday, March 26, 2015

Has your passion gone MIA (missing in action)?

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

"My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style" -Maya Angelou

Lately, my friends and I have been feeling like we have lost our passion. I have been wondering if I'm doing the right diploma. Is this what I really what I want to do? The hard work and late nights is making me doubt in myself and in my skills. 

I completed my studies in Communications last year and this year I'm doing a post-graduate diploma in management. In this course we have subjects like Accounting and Economics. And with all honesty I have realized that I am through and through a Communications person. Because I don't like accounting or economics.



I have been doing some introspection and trying to figure out where my passion really lies. With all my Communication studies and trying out all the fields of communication, I have realized that I want to become a Public Relations Officer. I want to do campaigns, write opinion pieces and organize press releases. Yes, I really believe that this is what I want to do. If I can't do that then I'll be happy to become a social media coordinator for any company. Social media is my jam!

My passion is: I love to blog, and doing all things social media! I am doing the social media of the residence and I have the title as the Social Media Coordinator, sounds fancy right? I feel fancy too!
My other passion is that I want to travel the world and see the wonders of the amazing Earth we live on! I have a wanderlust in me that is really hard to explain.

The question is: What is YOUR passion?

I have come across an article, who gives tips on How to regain your passion for life and everything else. View link here

There are 2 ways:

1. Give yourself permission. 
Give yourself permission to go after your passion each and every day. Remind yourself what you really want from life.

2. Symptoms not the Cause.
"Symptoms not the Cause: Getting out of your Story." We all have our stories and these stories support our actions, so we often times feel justified in how our life looks and why we don’t have what we want. Many call this being the victim. The first step in getting out of your story is being aware of your story.

"I challenge you to push past your story and uncover what it is that you are truly afraid of, could it be fear of failure, fear of being alone, fear of embarrassment. Once you have identified the fear you can begin to work on the real issue and begin setting the foundation to have all that you desire.

The author is still to release 3 more tips. But I think these two tips are already something which we can try and see how it works!

Life can get busy and we sometimes forget why we are doing something. Try to remind yourself daily why you are doing this. Is this your passion or merely a way of reaching your ideal life where you can live out your passion?