Thursday, March 20, 2014

Canvas in the subway

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

Yesterday, we had Canvas at the university. We paint the subways on campus, to brighten them up. It was the first time that we could paint at the engineering campus' subway, because it is still relatively new. I am not an artist, but our residence decided to have a support team, so me and my friend could also participate! The theme for this year was The equilibrium of opposites.

Beginning our shift as the support team

The start of the canvas

Me with the end-result
Our canvas is two owls, but if you look closely you can see the Ying-Yan sign in the owls. It came out beautifully!

My favorite canvas
We had a lot of fun as the support team. Next year, I'm doing this again!

2 comments:

Karen du Toit said...

Looks like lots of fun! Great art work!

Millenium Lady said...

It was a lot of fun!