Monday, March 24, 2014

The holiday mood is falling over campus

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

This morning I was walking on campus and was shocked to see this...


Why, would you ask? Because usually I have to push through the crowd of students to get past them. They are usually waiting for classes to start here and this morning, there was not a soul in sight! The university closes on the 28th of March, but it seems that this memo didn't reach everyone, or they decided to extend their long weekend.

I must admit, the holiday mood is creeping slowly into my bones! I struggle to get up in the mornings and I am missing my parents' food! I want to sleep late and enjoy the holiday vibes! Only a few more days, where I have to survive on my own food and getting up early.

This has been a hectic quarter and the work is still pilling up for my second quarter, so I think a holiday is in order.

“After all, the best part of a holiday is perhaps not so much to be resting yourself, as to see all the other fellows busy working.” 
― Kenneth GrahameThe Wind in the Willows


How will you spend your holiday? Me? I'll be on the couch watching mindless TV...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, tv is mindless. Just don't forget to go outside every once in a while so your mind can get free from this mindless tv.