Sunday, November 24, 2013

The importance of time

By Arnia Kiara Oosthuizen

I never understood the importance of time or what you can do in the time that you have, until I went to university. Miracles did happen!

Never in my life did I imagine to have 10 projects to be done in a week, but then the reality of university struck me. Sometimes one does try to prepare for the hectic week ahead, but as luck would have it, it is not always possible.

My roommate didn't have so many projects, but she had a lot of tests to prepare for. She said I am crazy to study Communication and Afrikaans, because it is hectic. Not difficult, just HECTIC!

I have typed like Speedy Gonsalez on projects, which I was only able to start the night before. 5000 word research papers are not funny to research and type in one night, but I did it. My roommate had her giggling fits,because I wake up a bit late in the mornings and then I scream and run around like a headless chicken, just to finish the project on time.

My roommate and I at the RAG-farm


I made a new '8 hour' rule for each and every day. I have 8 hours per day to work really hard, then I have 8 hours to socialize with my friends and do something else, and then I allow myself 8 hours of sleep each night. This has been working quite well for me. I suggest every student should try and live by these rules.
The 8 hours I try to spend with my friends, I really take seriously, because I believe a balance in one's life. No matter how busy or hectic, I will always make time for my friends.

I have made miracles happen with projects to get them done, but I also learned how to manage my time and get to spend with my gorgeous friends.


Please feel free to leave a comment :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a good plan! Especially the 8 hours for friends! :)

Millenium Lady said...

Thank you, M. I think so too! I should squeeze you more into those * hours! :)